English Module (30 min)
The English Module aims to boost our students’ ability to acquire knowledge from reading books of various genres, to go beyond the text by having discussions, and to use English as a tool to comfortably and confidently share ideas about topics.
Global Citizenship Module (30 min)
In the Global Citizenship Module, students learn about the history, culture, and current issues facing countries around the world, and create innovative solutions to those issues by asking and answering questions. We empower our students to broaden their perspectives and adopt global citizenship.
- 10 - 16-year-old students with the ability to read and write simple paragraphs in English
- One-on-one Zoom classes
- 1 hour once a week
- 30 min for English and 30 min for Global Citizenship
- Level: English is divided into three levels and Global Citizenship is one class only
- Homework: 30-90 minutes per week
- Teachers: academically high-achieving US high school student volunteers
- 7 weeks per division & 5 divisions per year
- Different teacher for each division
- Each division generally includes one book for English and one country for Global Citizenship
Pay in full for the semester
- Length: 3 divisions/Jan-Jun
- Tuition: $80x3=$240
- Length: 2 divisions/Aug-Dec
- Tuition: $80x2=$160
Financial aid is available for students who qualify
(by Stanford University)
In our English and Global Citizenship Module, we use Stanford Mobile Inquiry-based Learning Environment (SMILE), which is a collaborative learning system that develops a high level of thinking in the process of freely asking and answering questions through the creative discussion.
(by Seeds of Empowerment)
In our Global Citizenship Module, we read the books from the 1001 Stories Project. 1001 Stories facilitates the creation of empowering stories from underserved local communities, and allows children’s creative voices to be heard while developing their literacy skills.
We use film clips, Youtube videos, and other outside sources to supplement the curriculum and further engage our students.
Please contact us if you have any questions or if you want to join our team