Coding is an important 21st-century skill that is used to develop technologies all around us like applications, games, and other software! In our coding program, students start with Scratch, a block-based visual programming language, and move onto Java, an object-oriented programming language. The program develops computational thinking skills - which involves decomposition, pattern recognition, pattern abstraction, and algorithmic design - that are essential in solving everyday problems to complex, theoretical problems.
10-13 years old students (grade 5-8 equivalent)
- One-on-one Zoom classes
- 45-minutes once a week
- Level: for beginner students with little to no codingexperience
- Homework: about 10-30 minutes per week
- Teachers: academically high-achieving US high schoolstudent volunteers who specialize in coding
- Only accept limited number of students to focus on each student more
- Fall Semester: 14 weeks (Aug-Dec)
- Spring Semester: 21 weeks (Jan-Jun)
- Tution: Free!